American Rivers has created a series of resources designed to empower federal and state agency staff, engineering design firms and other consultants, and nonprofit organizations (collectively, river restoration practitioners) with the tools, skills, and understanding necessary to restore damaged rivers. Explore our series of videos, fact sheets, and reports to learn more about removing dams, replacing culverts, and restoring floodplains.
Are you interested in hosting or attending one of our in-person restoration workshops? Email us, and tell us more about where you are located and what restoration component (e.g., dam removal, meadows restoration) you are most interested in.
- Taking a Second Look: Communities and Dam Removal (video)
- Restoring America’s Rivers: Preparing for the Future (video)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Ecology of Dam Removal
- Permitting: The State of (Several) States
- Dam Removal and Historic Preservation: Reconciling Dual Objectives
- Removing Small Dams: A Basic Guide for Project Managers
- Dam Removal: A Citizen’s Guide to Restoring Rivers (River Alliance of Wisconsin)
- Clearinghouse for Dam Removal Information (University of California Riverside)