When you invest in American Rivers, you join a community of philanthropic leaders responding boldly to transform the health of rivers in our country.
Rivers provide people and nature with clean, abundant water and natural habitat. Their waters are essential to our shared future — yet rivers face unprecedented threats. Without healthy rivers, there’s no water, no wildlife, no life.
Scientists say we must protect one-third of the planet’s remaining lands and waters to preserve nature and the balance of life. With 50 years of experience tackling river threats from coast-to-coast, American Rivers is increasing the pace and scale of our work. Your investment plays a vital role in our efforts to:
- Secure protection for 1 million miles of rivers by 2030.
- Remove 30,000 dams by 2050.
- Build a powerful river movement to ensure long-term, transformational impact for rivers.
Thank you for believing in American Rivers. Together, we can protect and heal the rivers that are vital to all life.
LEADERSHIP CIRCLE – GIFTS OF $10,000 – $99,999
Leadership Circle investments create impact through conservation, communications, and advocacy work, both regionally and at a national scale. As our premier giving group, the Leadership Circle’s collective impact is over $2 million annually and growing. Benefits include:
- Virtual briefing with and periodic impact updates from President and CEO Tom Kiernan.
- Insider briefings on key initiatives and on-the-ground projects.
- Invitations to events, site visits, and river trips.
- Recognition in our annual Impact Report.
PRESIDENT’S CIRCLE – GIFTS OF $100,000+
The President’s Circle is a distinguished group of philanthropists committed to American Rivers through high-impact and transformational gifts. In addition to the Leadership Circle benefits above, President’s Circle donors receive:
- Invitations to insider briefings and strategic discussions with Tom Kiernan and our leadership team.
- Topical one-on-one updates with Tom Kiernan.
- Personal updates on projects and programs that have benefitted from your investment.
Please contact a philanthropy officer in your area to discuss your giving plan and the many ways you can make an impact:
Southeast, Great Lakes, and Mid-West:
Steve White, 919-720-2901 or firstname.lastname@example.org
YOUR INVESTMENT CAN BE MADE BY:
- Mail to American Rivers, PO Box 96158, Washington, DC 20090-6158
- Online here; to make a credit card gift larger than $25,000, contact your regional philanthropy officer.
- A philanthropy officer can also assist with giving via Electronic Funds Transfer, stock/mutual funds, or IRAs.
- For information on tax-wise giving or including American River in your estate plans, please visit americanrivers.org/plannedgiving.