22nd annual Fryingpan & Beyond River Cleanup
River: Fryingpan and Roaring Fork Rivers
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (970) 927-1290
Event Date | Time: 05/18/2020 | 09:00 am to 04:00 pm
To follow all public health department and CDC protocols, there are many changes to this year’s Cleanup. This year we’re looking for volunteers to help clean up trash along rivers throughout the Roaring Fork Watershed!
Volunteers are needed to clean up trash along rivers throughout the Roaring Fork Watershed, anytime during the week of May 18-22.
Pre-registration is REQUIRED for anyone wanting to clean up on Frying Pan Road and along the Roaring Fork River through Basalt, only.
+ Fryingpan River/Frying Pan Road:
– Volunteers interested in cleaning up Frying Pan Road MUST:
– Be family members with whom they live or others with whom they have been sheltering at home with, such as roommates.
– Must be 6 years or older. Children 6-12 years old must be supervised by immediate family member at all times. (Eagle County Requirement)
– Pre-register, as only so many people will be allowed per mile.
– Wear a bright colored vest (your own or one borrowed from RFC).
– After registered, RFC will assign you a river mile on which to focus your cleanup efforts. RFC will communicate this assignment with you via email.
+ Roaring Fork River through Basalt:
– May be cleaned up by volunteers of all ages.
– Pre-registration required.
– Via email, RFC will direct volunteers to specific locations that need trash pick-up.
+ ALL volunteers are asked to:
– Respect private property. Do not trespass.
– Dress appropriately, including proper footwear.
– Provide your own gloves.
-Wear a bright colored (blaze orange or yellow preferred) shirt, jacket or vest if you will be travelling along a road.
Trash bags will only be provided for those cleaning up Frying Pan Road and along the Roaring Fork River through the Town of Basalt.
– Take photos!
-Post your photos on your personal social media accounts. Tag @roaringforkconservancy on Facebook and #roaringforkconservancy on Instagram.
Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm on Tuesday, May 26.
– One photo will be selected to win an RFC gift bag!