• Volunteers will meet at Oyster Factory Park located at the end of Wharf Street. I always recommend getting to the park about 10-15 minutes early. That way you can find parking, have a cup of coffee, load up on supplies, and talk to your neighbors before the morning announcements.
• Litter pickup will be taking place around the Historic District and on the May River.
• Boats and kayaks are needed to assist with cleanup efforts (Please arrive at 8:30 a.m. to allow time for setup).
• Participants need to wear boots or waders to clean along the marshes and waterways. Those picking up litter from the roads need to wear sturdy shoes.
• Feel free to wear shirts and/or uniforms that identify your wonderful organization.
• All supplies such as gloves, bags, vests, water sunscreen, and bug spray provided by American Rivers, Palmetto Pride, Keep Beaufort County Beautiful, Beaufort County Solid Waste & Recycling, and the Town of Bluffton.
• Corner Perk will be providing a cup of their May River Blend coffee for volunteers before the event.
• In an effort to make the Town’s cleanups as sustainable as possible, i2 Recycle will be recycling the suitable debris collected. Volunteers carry 2 different colored bags and source separate the debris they are collecting.
• In addition to the Cleanup, several organizations, such as Lowcountry Stormwater Partners, Coastal Conservation League, and the Beaufort County Conservation District will have educational displays about how to improve water quality in our local watersheds, including the May River Watershed.
*Lunch will be provided to event volunteers.
Sign up here to volunteer with your local cleanup. Bringing friends and family with you? Please register each volunteer separately!