The 18th Annual May River Cleanup will take place at Oyster Factory Park, Saturday, April 28th, from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30.
• Volunteers will meet at Oyster Factory Park located at the end of Wharf Street.
• Boats and kayaks are needed to assist with cleanup efforts (Please arrive at 8:30 a.m. to allow time for setup).
• Coffee will be provided in the morning by Bluffton Starbucks.
• All supplies including gloves, bags, vests and water will be provided by event partners.
• Personal supplies such as sunscreen, bug spray and water will also be provided.
• Snacks and lunch will be provided by the Hardeeville Wal-Mart.
• Participants need to wear boots or waders to clean along the marshes and waterways. Those picking up litter from the roads need to wear sturdy shoes.
• Volunteers take part in our event waste reduction efforts by source separating the materials they collect along our roadways. The Town works with i2 Recycle, a local company, to recycle all of the suitable material collected by our event volunteers.
We encourage folks to arrive about 10-15 minutes early to load-up on supplies, enjoy a cup of coffee, beat the crowd, and to enjoy a conversation with your Bluffton neighbor.
Sign up here to volunteer with your local cleanup. Bringing friends and family with you? Please register each volunteer separately!