In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the JPMC Columbus Cleanup and the related event and activities during the period of September 17, 2019, I the undersigned (“Participant”), acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
- I am donating my time and services without any compensation from, and shall at no time be considered an employee or independent contractor of, American Rivers, Inc. for this event. The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program may be significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death.
- I understand that American Rivers, Inc., JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., Licking County and Licking County Soil and Water Conservation District, (collectively, “Releasees”) do not require me to participate in these activities. I will select the activities in which I will participate. I will choose activities that are within my physical capacities. I will stay away from the water if I cannot swim and/or if I have any open cuts. Should I choose to canoe in or wade in streams or rivers, I will do at my own risk and wear a life vest (PFD). I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of the Releasees or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation.
- I willingly agree to comply with terms and conditions for participation. If I observe any unusual and significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately.
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release, indemnify, and hold harmless Releasees and their officers, agents and employees, other participants, sponsors, advertisers, partners, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event, from any and all claims, demands, losses, and liability arising out of or related to any injury, disability, or death I may suffer, or loss or damage to person or property, whether arising from the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- I hereby acknowledge that I have been advised to consult a physician before engaging in such activities. In the event of an emergency, I authorize Releasees’ employees or agents to secure any treatment deemed necessary for my immediate care from any licensed hospital, physician, or medical personnel. I agree that I will be responsible for payment of any and all medical services rendered.
- I grant to Releasees and their representatives and employees, the right to take photographs and videos at this cleanup of me and of any minor participants for which I am the parent or guardian. I authorize Releasees, and their assigns and transferees, to use such photographs and videos, with or without names, for any lawful purpose, including such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and Web content, and to copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically.