River Guardians are leaders in funding our work to protect, conserve, and restore our nation’s rivers.
Whether you enjoy paddling the rapids, rafting in whitewater, or exploring along a riverbank by boat or on foot, you’ve experienced the beauty and power of rivers.
With an annual gift of $1,000 or more, you join a community of our most steadfast supporters — friends who, like you, understand the critical role of rivers in clean drinking water, robust ecosystems, and active recreation, and who know the value of safeguarding the health of rivers.
How Your Gift Helps Rivers
We put your gift right to work on strategic issues and in critical locations where your support will have the greatest impact.
Due to the generosity of our River Guardians we are able to:
- Expand our boots-on-the-ground presence in major U.S. river basins so we can proactively address threats and respond to urgent situations
- Advocate for river-friendly policies and defend against legislation that would harm rivers
- Create high-profile campaigns, including the America’s Most Endangered Rivers® report, to raise awareness and action around important issues
- Boost the efforts of local partner organizations who may not have the expertise or technical know-how to best address local challenges
River Guardian Benefits
In addition to joining with others who share your concern and support for rivers, you will receive:
- Invitations to special River Guardian events and excursions
- An opportunity to attend webinar briefings on our up-to-the-minute program work and to learn firsthand about our work in river basins around the country
- Special Conservation Updates created just for our River Guardians
- Name recognition in our Annual Report
- Your personalized Certificate of Appreciation, ready for framing
Best of all, you will know you are having a meaningful impact by keeping your favorite rivers healthy, flowing, and beautiful.
Join the River Guardians
- To make or renew your gift online, click here.
- Several of our River Guardians give monthly for an annual total of $1,000 or more. To set up your recurring gift, click here.
Other Ways to Give
- To honor a friend, loved one, or life event with a commemorative gift, click here.
- For instructions on how to give appreciated securities, click here.
- Is fishing your special passion? Click here to learn about our Anglers Fund.
- Members of our River Legacy Society have included American Rivers in their wills or estate plans. To begin exploring creative options for gift planning, click here.
If you would like to know more about the River Guardian Society, please call or email Bruce Leathwood who will happily assist you in making your gift in a way that is convenient and satisfying for you.
Thank you for helping to conserve, protect, and restore rivers across America!