TITLE: Mid-Level Giving Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Associate Director I
WAGE CATEGORY: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Membership
LOCATION: Washington, DC Headquarters
The Manager of Mid-Level Giving oversees the engagement and growth of the organization’s River Guardian Society, donors giving $1,000-$9,999K annually. S/he engages donors directly through personalized communications and outreach that deepens their relationships with American Rivers. S/he works closely with membership to increase revenue, retention and acquisition of new River Guardians through consistent identification, exceptional engagement, timely online and direct mail solicitation and relevant stewardship. In addition, the position works with the major gifts team on strategies to upgrade River Guardians to major donors. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a talented, high-energy team of professionals who are making a difference in the environmental field.
- Maintain and cultivate a portfolio of mid-level ($1,000-$9,999K) River Guardian donors; build relationships through phone calls, personalized emails, ongoing contact and other communications.
- Meet minimum annual unrestricted fundraising goal, as specified in the budget.
- Collaborate with membership to develop and implement mail and online strategies for mid-level acquisition, retention and upgrades, including creative design, messaging and data segmentation; ensure plan dovetails with solicitations produced by membership team.
- Collaborate with major gifts team on strategies to move select mid-level donors to major donors with reports and updates in their areas of interest.
- Act as primary contact for incoming calls and email requests from mid-level donors; soliciting feedback and tracking interactions in database.
- Participate in prospect discovery and qualification calls; contacting and qualifying high-capacity prospects to identify and upgrade to mid-level or major donor status.
- Plan and implement River Guardian quarterly webinars and occasional events, and participate and support major donor and institutional events as assigned.
- Collaborate with members of the team on marketing the planned giving program to mid-level donors.
- Manage the gift coding and acknowledgement process for the mid-level program.
- Collaborating with membership, conduct ongoing evaluation of mid-level giving, analyzing trends throughout the year and recommending changes to strategy.
- Working with membership, develop and monitor the mid-level giving revenue and expense budget.
- Utilize the CRM database for tracking and recording actions pertaining to individual River Guardians and for obtaining information to assist in their cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Develop and track annual, comprehensive work plan for the mid-level program.
REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of development experience, specifically securing annual donations from Or an appropriate combination of education and at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Strategic and creative thinker; highly organized and able to meet deadlines and achieve revenue
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including copy editing, proofreading and finalizing documents.
- Experience managing direct marketing campaigns from concept, copywriting, art direction and print production is a plus.
- Working knowledge of CRM software, (experience with ROI Solutions database is a plus).
- A team player with excellent interpersonal
- Highly organized and resourceful, able to prioritize tasks, work on several projects concurrently and meet
- Ability to work effectively with outside vendors as well as staff at all levels, board, and donors.
- Familiarity with environmental/conservation funding community is a
- Ability to travel, outside of normal work hours, to meet donors and attend functions; amount varies depending on portfolio.
- Personal commitment to American Rivers’
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full‐time employee benefits include health, dental and life insurance, a retirement plan, and generous leave time.
Applications will be considered immediately. Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: [email protected] with “Mid-Level Giving Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
American Rivers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.