Fishing Conservation Updates:
Welcome to the Anglers Fund for American Rivers
As anglers we have a special connection to rivers. They give us recreation, beauty, excitement, and joy, and they connect us with our appreciation for the outdoors. Whether spey casting to sea-run Steelhead or roll-casting to native brook trout, our fishing experiences flow from and depend upon the rivers we love. The challenges facing fishing habitats are significant, whether from development, proposed dams or diversions, or other pressures. For all that we receive from them, we need to protect them.
For this reason, American Rivers has created the Anglers Fund. It is a program for anglers who understand the importance of healthy rivers and want to support them. By joining, you will be supporting our conservation efforts that conserve, restore and improve important fish habitat. Whether we are removing defunct dams to connect fish populations to their spawning grounds or securing Wild and Scenic designations to protect pristine river systems, the results are healthier rivers with healthier fish.
Through an annual gift of $1,000 or more, you will be joining a group of like-minded anglers who are dedicated to conserving, protecting and restoring the places we fish.
As a member of the Anglers Fund, you will also receive:
- Updates on our work to protect and restore important fish habitat
- Special invitations to unique fishing trips with our expert staff and other supporters
- Invitations to webinars on fishing habitat conservation
- Recognition in our Annual Report as a member of the Anglers Fund
- A copy of Confluence Films’ “Connect” or “Waypoints” films of inspiring fly-fishing cinematography.
Most importantly, you will know you are having a meaningful impact on the rivers you love to fish. Thanks for your support!