Famous Quotes About Rivers
Rivers are an endless source of inspiration. Over the centuries, poets, writers, and philosophers have used their words to express the power, beauty, and magic of rivers. Here are some quotes to inspire you.There’s nothing… absolutely nothing… half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
-Kenneth Grahme, The Wind in the WillowsWho hears the rippling of rivers will not utterly despair of anything.
-Henry David ThoreauI choose to listen to the river for a while, thinking river thoughts, before joining the night and the stars.
- Edward AbbeySometimes luck is with you, and sometimes not, but the important thing is to take the dare. Those who climb mountains or raft rivers understand this.
- David BrowerWhat would the world be, once bereft of wet and wildness? Let them be left, O let them be left, wildness and wet; Long live the weeds and the wilderness yet.
- Gerard Manley Hopkins 1844-1889The care of rivers is not a question of rivers, but of the human heart.
- Tanako ShozoBe like a rock in the middle of a river, let all of the water flow around and past you.
- Zen SayingRivers flow not past, but through us; tingling, vibrating, exciting every cell and fiber in our bodies, making them sing and glide.
- John Muir
Do you have favorite quotes about rivers and clean water? If so, tell us!