Green Infrastructure Stimulus Funding
Greening Water Infrastructure
Congressional funding is directed towards infrastructure projects to jump-start the nation's economy and create jobs. Today we have an opportunity to put America to work on projects that will simultaneously slow global warming, help the nation adapt to predicted changes, and reduce reliance on foreign oil.
American Rivers and its partners have identified 194 water-related projects in 25 states and the District of Columbia with a total cost of $1.1 Billion that are ready to begin within six to nine months. We estimate that if 600 U.S. cities installed green roofs on just 1% of their large roofs, over 190,000 jobs would be created.
An economic analysis conducted by the Alliance for Water Efficiency estimates that a direct investment of $10 billion in water efficiency programs can boost U.S. employment by 150,000 to 220,000 jobs. And this is only the beginning.
American Rivers' Stimulus Requests
- Hundreds of Water-related Green Infrastructure Projects are Ready for Funding
- Comprehensive List of Ready to Go Green Infrastructure Projects Nationwide
- How Congressional Stimulus Can Rebuild America's Water Infrastructure
- Environmental Groups Come Together to Promote Green Jobs
- Green Infrastructure Projects in DC Would Create Jobs, Stimulate Economy
- Green Infrastructure Projects in 25 States Would Create Jobs, Stimulate Economy