Top 8 Reasons to Give to American Rivers in 2008
In 2008, American Rivers’ work led to unparalleled successes. Though we had many to pick from, we managed to come up with a list of our top 8 successes this year. Here they are (drumroll, please…):
1. Commemorating our 35 anniversary protecting and restoring the nation’s rivers to benefit people, wildlife and nature.
2. Negotiating the world’s largest dam removal project on the Klamath River.
3. Killing the Yazoo Pumps project.
4. Leading the most successful National River Cleanup™.
5. Issuing a landmark study on water efficiency solutions.
6. Announcing the removal of 64 total dams nationwide this year alone.
7. Holding the highest-attended River Action Day ever.
8. Relying on our members’ support. Members support our work to protect and restore the rivers that are so critical to our lives. They allow us to achieve these successes, and the hundreds and thousands of smaller successes that happen every day across the country.
And we can’t afford to stop now. While the economy will eventually recover from these turbulent times, the damage rivers face could be irreversible if we don’t continue our work fighting to protect and restore them. Make a gift to American Rivers today and help sustain our critical work. With your support, we can achieve our ambitious goals for 2009. Best wishes to you this holiday season!