Summer music tour with The Infamous Stringdusters
Rivers and music go great together, which is why we’re excited to announce that American Rivers and The Infamous Stringdusters are teaming up for a 2013 American Rivers tour!
We’re grateful to partner with the Grammy-nominated ‘Dusters to raise awareness about the need to protect and restore rivers nationwide. The band will donate a portion of each ticket price to American Rivers, to celebrate our 40 years of success including removing outdated and unsafe dams and protecting Wild and Scenic rivers.
The tour launches July 31 in Salt Lake City during the annual Outdoor Retailer Summer Market and hits river towns in seven states including Colorado, Idaho, Washington, and Montana in 11 days. Along for the tour is Klean Kanteen, helping the cause and gearing the band and their fans for adventures ahead. Fans can look for upcoming announcements on river cleanups with the band, and other ways to engage in river conservation efforts, coming soon.
Immediately following the tour, all five members of The Infamous Stringdusters will bag up their instruments in waterproof cases, grab their fishing rods, and head out on a 6-day trip float down the Middle Fork of the Salmon River with Idaho River Adventures. Staff from American Rivers and a film crew from the Fly Fishing Film Tour will join the band for an off-the-grid outdoor music adventure of a lifetime: campfire jams, fishing and hiking along one of the country’s original Wild and Scenic rivers, and educational and thought provoking talks on why, and how, to help preserve our nation’s rivers. We’ll be sure to share videos and updates of the adventure!
Check out the dates below. We hope you will join us – it’s going to be a great summer!
2013 American Rivers Tour Itinerary:
- Wednesday, July 31 The Depot Salt Lake City, UT for Outdoor Retailer Show
- Thursday, August 1 Colorado River State Park Fruita, CO
- Friday, August 2 – Saturday August 3 State Bridge Bond, CO
- Sunday, August 4 – Mishawaka Livermore, CO
- Wednesday, August 7 Knitting Factory Boise, ID
- Thursday, August 8 Great Northern Whitefish,MT
- Friday, August 9 The Hive Sandpoint, ID
- Saturday, August 10 Big Sky Brewery Missoula, MT
- Sunday, August 11 Grand Targhee Bluegrass Festival Alta, WY
Information on how to buy tickets to American Rivers shows coming soon!