Nominate Your Endangered River for 2012
Every year, American Rivers generates a list of America’s Most Endangered Rivers. Ten rivers are selected each year for inclusion in our list, not because they are the most polluted, but rather because they are facing a turning point in the coming year that could negatively impact the river into the future. Rivers are selected based upon the following criteria:
- A major decision (that the public can help influence) in the coming year on the proposed action.
- The significance of the river to human and natural communities.
- The magnitude of the threat to the river and associated communities, especially in light of a changing climate.
The nomination form is available electronically (also more info below). Note that the form requires identification of a lead point of contact. That person will be the main contact in charge of helping coordinate with the other partners on the listing. We are also requesting the involvement of a non-traditional partner, such as a local business owner, medical professional, economist, or other individual that can tell a different story about why protecting the river is important.
Instructions for Filling and Submitting Nomination Form:
- You are invited to complete MER Nomination Form 2012_distributed.pdf.
- You can use Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader to fill in this form.
- When you are finished, click Submit (purple button in toolbar) to send your completed nomination form in to American Rivers.