Healthy Rivers Make Colorado Healthy
Gov. John Hickenlooper has launched a state rebranding initiative, Making Colorado, to stimulate the state’s economy, streamline statewide programs, and reintroduce the state to the rest of the world. Through April 30, the initiative is seeking state residents’ input on what it is that makes Colorado, Colorado.
For many, the Colorado River is the lifeblood of the Colorado state economy. With world class rafting, fishing and national parks, the recreational opportunities offered to Colorado natives and visitors has helped define the state as a place to enjoy the great outdoors, breathtaking landscapes and free flowing rivers. The state is also home to small businesses, agricultural innovators and individuals who support water conservation as an economic opportunity for the state.
Take Action: Tell Gov. Hickenlooper that a healthy Colorado River makes a vibrant Colorado.
1. Send a tweet sharing your Colorado River story to @makingcolorado, including the hashtag #makingcolorado. In addition to sharing your personal story, please feel free to choose from among our sample tweets:
- @makingcolorado Canyons carved by free flowing rivers are what makes Colorado, Colorado #makingcolorado #rivers #kayaking #rafting #fishing
- @makingcolorado Supporting a healthy Colorado River supports a healthy Colorado state #makingcolorado #innovation #smallbusiness
- @makingcolorado Colorado = conservation. 76 percent of Coloradans support efforts to conserve water & reduce waste #makingcolorado
- @makingcolorado Colorado is what makes the Colorado River, and vice versa. Support healthy rivers. #makingcolorado #recreation #economy
- @makingcolorado Colorado’s West Slope relies on free flowing rivers for 80,000 #jobs & $6.4 billion per year #makingcolorado #economy
2.Upload your favorite photo of the Colorado River here, or share a photo on twitter or instagram to @makingcolorado using the hashtag #makingcolorado.
Thank you for helping us support a healthy Colorado River and a vibrant Colorado.