GOOD Magazine’s latest: The Water Issue!
The latest issue of Good Magazine is all about The Water Issue! They cover the gamut – from what you can do at home to the global water crisis. See my bullets below for links to a few articles and how American Rivers is involved.
- This Is A Turn Off provides a 3-part how to guide on water conservation.
- In the bathroom – best tip: install a low-flow shower head
- Outside – best tip: install a rain barrel
- In the kitchen – best tip: increase water efficiency with existing technology, like WaterSense appliances
- Disobey Your Thirst covers an interview with American Rivers’ science advisor Robert Glennon in response to his latest book: Unquenchable: America’s Water Crisis and What To Do About It. Glennon also recently appeared on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
- Half Full touches on our water supply solution – it’s all about using it wisely so we have it when we need it. American Rivers is actively promoting this through water efficiency, especially given more frequent and extreme droughts expected with a changing climate.
- Water Fights includes an interactive map to a few of the global conflicts heating up. American Rivers is specifically working on the conflict between Georgia, Florida, and Alabama that recently received a 3-year timeline for resolution.
- Dam It All covers the benefits of healthy rivers with the dam removal that started it all: Edwards Dam on the Kennebec River.