Director of Major Gifts, California
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement the annual solicitation and cultivation plan and budget for existing major donors and prospects in the region to meet annual (and long-term) revenue goals.
- Working with the Senior Director and Senior Vice President of Advancement actively identify and cultivate new major donor prospects through board members, existing donors and staff.
- Arrange meetings and manage all aspects of the President’s involvement in major donor fundraising in the region.
- Develop and execute major donor cultivation and stewardship events in key regional hubs; help create a robust calendar of such events focused on priority program areas.
- Participate fully in the efforts of the development team, including budgeting, using the database for recordkeeping and prospect research.
- Prepare fund-raising reports and analyses for the Senior Vice President, Advancement, the President and key board committees.
- Work closely with the major gifts team on strategy for the overall major donor program as well as for individual national prospects.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 8 years of fundraising experience and a demonstrated track record of major donor solicitation.
- Proven experience directing, motivating, and inspiring volunteers and staff.
- Prefer a candidate with a personal interest in river recreation and/or science and policy.
- High energy level, flexible, self-motivated, and self-confident.
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision.
- Articulate with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strategic thinker; highly organized and able to meet deadlines.
- Strong time, budget, and organizational management skills, including the capacity to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Familiarity with the environmental/conservation funding community.
- Team player with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in promoting the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Salary is commensurate with experience. Full-time employee benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance, a retirement plan, and generous leave time.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Applications will be considered immediately. Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to: [email protected] with “CA Major Gifts” in the subject line. No phone calls please.