Development Intern – Spring 2014
TITLE: Development Intern – Spring 2014
LOCATION: Washington, DC
American Rivers seeks an Intern to assist the Development Department in its fundraising and research efforts in Washington, DC. Working closely with the Development Team, the Development Intern will assist with donor and prospect research, integrating information into development databases, and developing and producing comprehensive research reports. Through purposeful, authentic, and meaningful projects and tasks, the Development Intern will gain essential professional skills and deepen his/her understanding of prospect identification, cultivation and solicitation in the environmental non-profit sector.
- Possession or anticipated completion of a degree in business administration, communications, environmental science, English, library science, or a related field;
- Ability to work collaboratively in promoting the goals and objectives of the organization;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Creative and strategic thinking;
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Publisher;
- Familiarity with database fundamentals is preferred;
- Enthusiasm about our mission and a good sense of humor!
Compensation and Time Commitment:
American Rivers’ internships are unpaid; however we will work with successful applicants to obtain school credit if applicable, and a travel stipend is available. A minimum of 15 hours per week is required, but schedule and length of internship are flexible.
Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and three references in an email to email@example.com with “Intern Search” in the subject line, or address them to: Julia Jay, Development Assistant, Attn: Intern Search, American Rivers, 1101 14th St., NW, Suite 1400, Washington, DC 20005. No phone calls please.